I graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Stout with a Bachelor of Science degree in Family and Consumer Science (Home Economics) and taught at the middle school and high school levels in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin for 6 years after college. I left teaching for many years and owned a custom home decorating business specializing in window treatments, bedroom ensembles, and accessories. When we moved to Minnesota I got back into teaching and went on to earn a Master of Arts in Education degree from Hamline University in St. Paul, Minnesota in 2005. I taught Eden Prairie high school and middle school courses in many subject areas, including interior design, fashion design, foods & nutrition, sewing, money management, and relationships.
My husband and I flipped a house in Minnesota, which led to getting my real estate license. That was the start of a successful career in real estate (while still teaching full time). My husband and I went on to flip a couple more houses and I have assisted many buyers and sellers with their real estate transactions. I took an early retirement from teaching and we decided to leave the cold, snowy weather behind. We moved to a hanger home in the Spruce Creek Fly-In. That had been a dream for many years, with three pilots in the family. My husband, myself, and our daughter have our private pilot licenses and our son is working on his. Along with flying, I also enjoy motorcycle riding, home decorating, painting, sewing, jewelry making, woodworking, fishing, and bicycle riding.
I dive into everything I do with passion and commitment. I've taken additional training and have earned a Residential Construction Certification (RCC) and am a Certified New Home Specialist (CNHS). A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and good communication skills also help me succeed in serving the needs of my real estate customers. I am experienced in home decorating and staging and would be happy to meet with you to give some suggestions of things you could do to get ready to sell your home. I could also prepare a comparative market analysis to help you determine the current value of your home.
If you are a Seller...
- Your home is likely one of your biggest investments.
- I would love to put my experience to work in helping you successfully sell your home and move on to the next chapter in your life.
- I can provide expertise in home staging, quality photography, thorough market analysis, aggressive marketing strategies, strong negotiating skills, and follow-through to closing.
If you are a Buyer...
- I live at the Spruce Creek Fly-In, Port Orange. I'm familiar with property in this area and can help you find the right home to meet your needs. I can also preview properties and prepare a customized list of showings. This is especially helpful for out-of-town buyers.
- You will have representation from the first time you see your new home, through negotiations, the escrow process, close and after.